Introducing Me.


I got so excited in starting my blog and telling yall all about my own struggles with autoimmune hepatitis, I totally forgot to introduce myself! So, here goes!

My name is Ali. I’m 23 years old and currently going to graduate school to be a school counselor. My favorite color is mint green. I love reading. I am a Disney fanatic and am obsessed with Harry Potter. I'm a complete dog person. I'm a sucker for a sappy movie, but even moreso I LOVE musicals. I don't like onions unless they are cooked into something, and I very much dislike inconsiderate people. I try my best to stay positive, no matter the situation. Oh, and if you are reading this and have any questions about life with autoimmune hepatitis, please reach out to me! Whether that be through Instagram direct message or email (choppedliverali@gmail.com), I would love to hear from you!! 

I’ve been married for 2 years and 5 months. This is Kevin:



We grew up in the same little town, went to the same college, and our dorms were right across from each other. He is a twin, and they have the best family (for real, I spend a lot of time with my sister-in-law and her sweet kiddos, and with his parents when we go visit home). We didn’t date until college, and even then I chased him (basically made it really obvious I liked him, and he was so girl shy it took him 3 months and his roommate, Patrick, pretty much telling him I liked him) before he realized! The rest is history! Kevin is a nurse, which you’ll hear a lot about in this blog. My doctors love that he is, because he helps keep up with everything for me. They ask him if I get confused, or look yellow, or if he has noticed anything different about me. They love talking to him in medical terms (which Kevin later has to explain to me)! He is super patient with me and everything that goes along with having a chronically sick spouse. He goes along with my crazy ideas, and if I don’t feel good he will go get me WHATEVER it is I’m craving. I got pretty lucky in the husband department. Even though he hates writing, I’m going to beg him to do a guest blog soon, because I know many who read the blog are family members of those with AIH.



I have a little Maltese, Toby, who is my best friend (besides Kev and my mom). We rescued him from a puppy mill, and you will rarely see us apart since! When I’m sick, he is right there in bed with me. If I am up all night throwing up, he will come lay in the bathroom with me. When I can’t sleep, and I go into the living room so I don’t wake up my husband, he comes with me. I am his person, and I would be lost without this dog. We spend quite a bit of time together. He has the sweetest little personality, loves to snuggle, and LOVES belly rubs. He sleeps underneath the blanket every night right next to me, and when I leave he looks out the window until he sees my car pull back up.



My mom is my best friend. She is pretty much the greatest of all time. We went through your typical mother/daughter relationship before, but after I was diagnosed all that time we spent together during the crappy and stressful times made us best friends. We had plenty of flaky zones (when you are so tired but can’t sleep and start going a little crazy) in the hospital, lots of road trips to see doctors, a few flights to see doctors, and endless amounts of time at home together since I was constantly sick. I promise there is going to be so much more on her in the future and maybe even a guest blog post from her!!


I can assure you you’ll learn a lot about me throughout this blog, but here is a starting point for those of you reading who don’t already know me!


Lots of love.


**** All those beautiful wedding pictures from above were done by the lovely and talented Jamie Swetnam from Life as a Photo! Go check her all on facebook or intsagram for all of your photography needs! She is the best! I have been in front of the camera with her, and helped her behind the scenes, and there is no one better!! ****

Comments